Let’s make a generic brand packaging that looks like the real thing.
- Take all the different, distinctive elements of the packaging of the leading brand;
- Make up a funny name (e.g. Caramel PowPow);
- Put the product in a bucket, like the leading product;
- Add some ‘hip ‘n’ happening’ colors;
- Serve ice cold and below the price of the leading brand.
Voilà! A great looking ice cream product that looks like, well…. Ben&Jerry’s!
German supermarket chain Aldi is playing smart, but unlike ice cream, it is not so cool.
DOES YOUR TRADEMARK NEED ATTENTION?
Would you like more information about protecting your trademark?