Markmatters.com / Knijff Trademark Attorneys is attending the annual ECTA Conference in Stockholm this week (Say hi when you run in to us!). Sweden is a beautiful country and Stockholm an amazing city. The country is not only keen on design, it is also home of some of the bigger brands of the world: IKEA, H&M, Volvo and Absolut Vodka.
As a tribute to the country and city hosting ECTA this year, some IP facts:
- Swedish inventor Håkan Lans invented the computer mouse in the 1970’s, but, unfortunately, never applied for a patent.
- The world’s first pacemaker was produced by Swedish company Elema-Schönander AB in October 1958.
- Anders Celsius invented the temperature scale.
- Volvo was founded in Gothenburg in 1927 and is now one of biggest car brands in the world. The brand is all about safety.
- H&M, founded in 1947, has a simple business idea: offer fashion and quality at the best prices. And the formula is a success. The company now employs almost 68.000 co-workers and has 1.700 stores in 33 countries.
Source: “A scent of Sweden”
DOES YOUR TRADEMARK NEED ATTENTION?
Would you like more information about protecting your trademark?