Last saturday FC Barcelona won the ‘triple’: the Spanish title, the Spanish cup and the 2015 Champions League. Although, they have beaten Juventus 1-3, when it comes to brand value, Barça ‘only’ ranks sixth.
Brandfinance, a brand valuation company, has presented a list with the world’s most valuable football brands. The top 10, along with their estimated brand value:
- Manchester United – USD 1.206.000.000,-
- Bayern Munich – USD 933.000.000,-
- Real Madrid – USD 873.000.000,-
- Manchester City – USD 800.000.000,-
- Chelsea – USD 795.000.000,-
- FC Barcelona – USD 773.000.000,-
- Arsenal – USD 703.000.000,-
- Liverpool – USD 577.000.000,-
- Paris Saint-Germain FC – USD 541.000.000,-
- Tottenham – USD 360.000.000,-
“Our” Ajax ranks 25th, with an estimated value of USD 145.000.000,-. Not bad at all.
And this is brand value, the financial value of the club’s name, and not a cumulation of the salaries of the miljonairs playing on the pitch.
Do you want to know how Man U was “given” the billion dollar value? You can read the full report here.
DOES YOUR TRADEMARK NEED ATTENTION?
Would you like more information about protecting your trademark?